- Born in Houston, TX
- Best Job: Sabbatical year at Imperial College, London
- Hobbies: Biking, running, playing guitar, reading, cooking, skiing
- Passions: My children and grandchildren; Teaching
- Greatest Accomplishment: Climbing 14 of the 15 highest peaks in the Adirondacks without being attacked by black flies
- Biggest Challenge: Time management
As a Professor and past Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Clarion University, Larry brings a strong background in education, research and administration to Clarion Research Group.
Larry’s professional life includes 35 years of university teaching experience –– 10 years at the State University of New York at Utica/Rome and 25 years at Clarion University. He received his BS in Biology from the University of Houston and his PhD in Biochemistry from Purdue University. He spent three years as a Postdoctoral Research Associate and Lecturer at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, has been a Visiting Scholar at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN, and has spent sabbaticals as a Visiting Research Scientist at Imperial College, London and at the University of Wales-Cardiff.
Awards that he has received include SUNY Research Foundation Grant-In-Aid, SUNY College Foundation Grant, seven Clarion University Grants, four Clarion University Arts and Sciences Faculty Research Awards, and two PA State System Faculty Development Council Grants.
He has published numerous articles and has organized and chaired two symposia at national meetings. He is a reviewer for the American Chemical Society’s Journal of Chemical Education.