- Born in Ridgway, PA
- Passion: My family; helping others who are not as fortunate as I am; and developing a nurturing environment for young businesses
- Hobbies: Golf and Reading
- Greatest Accomplishments: Professionally – The businesses I helped start, develop and transitioned; My education – First in my family to graduate from college; Personally – Watching my children use the skills that I taught them
- Biggest Challenge: Being the best role model I can be for my children
- Favorite Book: The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes
- Quote That Resonates With Me: “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? by Dr. Robert Schuller
Fred is a successful entrepreneur with more than 25 years of executive management and engineering experience. His career has spanned multiple industries, technologies, and organization stages including turn-around management of an Internet technologies company that had 100% growth of a $15 million business unit within 24 months. His attention to details, team motivational skills and operational experience were key factors in this accomplishment.
His expertise ranges from being the founding executive of several companies to senior management of a Fortune 1000 business. He has lead efforts in merger and acquisitions and contract negotiations. For the past 10 years, he has focused on evaluating and funding of early stage life science companies.
In his first two years at Clarion Research Group as Chief Operating Officer, Fred has led early stage funding that exceeds $3 million. During this time, he helped to develop go-to-market strategies for two medical products that will launch within 18 months of the funding.
Prior to his role at Clarion Research Group, he was an executive with the Pittsburgh Life Sciences Greenhouse (PLSG), an economic development organization responsible for due diligence and investments across 25 portfolio companies. As a result of his efforts with many entrepreneurs, companies within his portfolio raised more than $7 million in grants and angel funding. Several of the early stage companies that he was associated with have collectively raised more than $12 million in funding.
Fred earned his Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Penn State University and his Operations Management certificate from Union Pacific Corporation.